Beetle Control and Prevention with Schopen Pest Solutions
At Schopen Pest Solutions, our team has the experience necessary to quickly identify house beetle infestations and find the fastest, safest method of extermination. Carpet beetles, or house beetles, target carpets, clothing, upholstery, linens, and other textiles, causing extreme damage. Call us today or contact us online to schedule an appointment to discuss the prevention and elimination of house beetles in Illinois and Wisconsin.
What Are House Beetles and Carpet Beetles?
House beetles, also called carpet beetles, are a species in the United States. There are four types of carpet beetles in Illinois and Wisconsin:
- Varied carpet beetle – This type of carpet beetle has a round body and white, brown, and yellow stripes. The larva is light brown, carrot-shaped, and has tiny hairs protruding.
- Furniture carpet beetle – This type of carpet beetle is found on furniture and upholstery, and feeds on hair, padding, and upholstery, as well as carpet, fur, horns, and silk. They are black, yellow, and white with round or oval scales. The larva is 5 mm long, oval, and covered with brown hair.
- Black carpet beetle – This type has a black, shiny body with brown legs. It is the most widespread species of carpet beetle and the most destructive, destroying household products containing keratin, cereals, grains, and synthetic fibers. It can lay eggs inside or outside. You can find these carpet beetles in carpeting, upholstery, air vents, piles of clothing, and under floorboards. Its cigar-shaped larva has short, stiff hairs and a brown or black body. Older larvae have long, bristle-like tails.
- Common carpet beetle – This type of carpet beetle is also called a buffalo beetle and is oval in shape and black, white, and orange. It feeds on animal byproducts, like carpet, wool, and textiles. Its larva is brown, or reddish brown, with many dark hairs.
Beetle Extermination Services
House beetle and carpet beetle extermination is the precise, calculated, and ongoing process of eradicating beetles, their larvae, and their eggs. Our process includes a thorough initial investigation, carpet beetle extermination and beetle control, protection, and fortification to prevent future beetle infestations, and monitoring and follow-up to identify any further signs of a beetle infestation.
Signs of Beetle Infestation or Carpet Beetles Infestation
The signs of a beetle infestation or carpet beetle infestation are extreme and hard to miss:
- Holes in furniture, especially the seats, backs, padding, and upholstery.
- Holes in fibrous materials, carpeting, or other textiles.
- Adult beetles indoors or outdoors underneath or inside damp, dark areas like wood piles, trashcans, mulch, and potted plants.
- Adult beetles or larvae inside crawl spaces, pantries, closets, and storage areas.
- Adult beetles or larvae outside around flowers, trees, vegetable plants, and fruit trees.
- Skin irritation, rashes, or welts that primarily develop while sleeping.
Treatments and Pest Control for Beetles
It’s best to hire a professional immediately when you notice a house beetle or carpet beetle infestation. Carpet beetles are destructive and reproduce quickly so a small problem can get out of hand quickly. Our team of pest control experts can quickly assess your home or business, identify the species or type of house beetle infestation, and evaluate the extent of the problem. We’ll then determine the fastest and most effective carpet beetle extermination method:
- Sealing cracks, holes, gaps, and crevices, especially around windows and doors.
- Use safe, eco-friendly liquid or powder insecticides, sprays, and fogs to treat your home’s interior and exterior perimeter.
- Pheromone traps and fumigation are also beetle control methods
You can also take steps to prevent a future carpet beetle infestation and maintain beetle control:
- Install screens on windows and doors.
- Install LED bulbs, which attract fewer pests, insects, and house beetles.
- Vacuum, steam clean, and dust regularly.
- Store fabric and natural fiber items in tightly sealed tubs.
Why Choose Schopen Pest Solutions to Get Rid of Beetles
We are a small, local pest control company with over 30 years of experience in the industry. We have built our career around providing our customers with the fastest, safest, and most effective pest control and extermination methods. We also stay on top of the latest advancements and research in the industry, so we’re always providing the most effective extermination solutions. Our goal is to provide the highest level of customer service, the most effective pest control solutions, and ongoing education and prevention so our customers can reduce their risk of future infestations. In addition to our initial pest control services, we offer follow-up, quarterly, and annual education on preventing infestations.
Call Schopen Pest Solutions for Carpet Beetle Extermination
For fast, effective carpet beetle extermination in Illinois and Wisconsin, call us today at Schopen Pest Solutions. We’ll send an experienced team member to your home to assess the carpet beetle infestation, determine the source, and identify the most effective method of extermination. Call us today to get started.