Paper Wasp Removal from Experienced Exterminators
Summer in Illinois can bring unwelcome guests to outdoor gatherings. Paper wasps’ stings can be excruciating and could cause a trip to the hospital for people allergic to their venom. Avoid paper wasp problems and safeguard your summer by calling for professional help. Schopen Pest Solutions can make your summer worry-free.
Facts About Paper Wasps
Paper wasps are easy to spot, thanks to their distinctive nests and long, dangling legs. In the spring, paper wasps emerge from wintering in search of new homes. These semi-social creatures build nests out of single layers of paper-like combs. Nests vary significantly in size, but are usually 2″ to 6” wide, housing as many as 250 larvae.
Paper wasps are known to be longer, thinner, and smaller than their cousins, the yellowjackets. Swarms of these pests around your deck, gazebo or untreated fence frequently indicate the presence of a nest. You can find their nests in sheltered areas such as:
- Door frames
- Roof edges
- Basketball posts
- Deck handrails
Paper wasps play an essential role in the natural world, helping with pollination and controlling harmful pest populations. Unfortunately, when they settle too close to home, their painful stings can be a health hazard for those allergic to their venom.
If you find a paper wasp nest in or around your home, contact our paper wasp exterminators at Schopen Pest Solutions for solutions on how to repel paper wasps.
How We Get Rid of Paper Wasps
Removing a paper wasp nest is dangerous, which is why a paper wasp exterminator should be called for help. At Schopen Pest Solutions, we manage paper wasp removal with these steps:
- Inspection – A thorough inspection of the area and an interview with the homeowner can help pinpoint any areas where paper wasp nesting occurs. This allows us to carefully plan a tailored treatment strategy, as well as preventive measures for future protection.
- Paper Wasp Treatment – Schopen Pest Solutions will safely and efficiently remove any paper wasp nests on your property. This immediately removes the pests and discourages infestation in the future.
- Follow-up – At Schopen Pest Solutions, we have a wonderful Power Spray Program that will help prevent wasps from building nests in the first place. After we eliminate your original problem, we’d love to continue to help you keep these painful pests from rebuilding,
How to Prevent Wasps from Hanging Around Your Home
Schopen Pest Solutions recommends a few things you can do to prevent paper wasps from building a nest on your Illinois or Wisconsin home:
- Repair any damaged windowsills, vents, or screens
- Clean up any food debris after barbecues or picnics.
- Cover your garbage cans or compost bins.
- Paint or water seal old fences, gazebos, and decks.
- Cover your grill after use.
- Pick up apples, pears or other fruit that falls off trees
- Hire Schopen Pest Solutions to perform monthly exterior treatments during the summer.
Contact Schopen Pest Solutions for Paper Wasp Removal
Need help with paper wasp removal? Protect your home from paper wasps with one simple call to Schopen Pest Solutions. Our trained paper wasp exterminator will develop a specialized plan tailored for your unique needs, ensuring that these pests stay away from your home.
Here’s What Some Satisfied Customers Have to Say
Schopen was quick to respond to my initial inquiry and they accommodated a change in my
schedule. Luke arrived 10 minutes early and got right to diagnosing the issue. The source of the tiny
critters was found and treated. What a relief! I could not be more pleased with a company and the
service. (Office staff on the phone Kimm and Kiara were professional and helpful.) Thank you!!!
Everyone I dealt with was EXTREMELY knowledgeable. Pricing was fair. And best of all-my ants are
The guy called at the beginning of the time frame window and told me when he would be coming. It
is so nice to get a courtesy call when you have pets and kids. He was efficient and took care of what
Kevin did an excellent professional job with the required inspection. We then hired him to treat our
home for spiders. He was very knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient.
We hired Schopen to deal with mice we began seeing recently. They were on time, and the Tech Corey was super awesome! He was very informative and explained everything. Listened to our concerns and gave good information back. He found potential entry points and filled them. We had hired a different company before them and wasn't satisfied. Corey went behind them and found some things the other company should have. We have already noticed that there is barely any activity. best part of it, they don't try to lock you into a contract like most pest control companies do, They let you decide what you are comfortable with.
This customer rated you highly for professionalism, responsiveness, and work quality.
This company was very responsive. Once they arrived at my house the workers were very friendly, explained the situation, and how follow up consultations worked. After the first and second follow up visit the company called to see if we had any other questions. Which was very thoughtful.
This customer rated you highly for work quality, professionalism, and responsiveness.
I am a REALTOR and needed a quick inspection for one of my listings under VA financing and Schopen was extremely responsive and helpful and got the job done! Highly recommend!