How to Get Rid of Earwigs in Northern Illinois
We Will Eradicate Earwigs from Around Your House
Homeowners never want to see creepy crawlies scampering across their floors or walls. Residents of Northern Illinois and Southeastern Wisconsin know they can trust the professionals at Schopen Pest Solutions to keep their homes safe and pest-free. We have many decades of industry experience, so you can rest assured we will get rid of pest infestations quickly and efficiently. Among the pests we regularly eradicate are earwigs. If you notice one or more of these fast-moving creatures in your house, call us right away. We will devise a plan to get rid of them and explain ways to prevent their return.
What Are Earwigs?
Earwigs are slender insects with two pairs of wings and forceps protruding from their abdomen. The U.S. is home to more than 20 species of earwigs, several of which inhabit Northern Illinois and Southeastern Wisconsin. They generally prefer cool, moist environments in flowerbeds, underneath rocks, and in decaying logs. But they are attracted to light, so they may migrate onto your patio or even inside your home. This typically occurs if they are seeking shelter during an extended dry period or if they are looking for a food source. Though they may look intimidating, earwigs do not sting. However, you still want to get rid of them at the first sign of an infestation.
Signs of an Earwig Infestation
Unlike other pests, earwigs do not leave markers or signs of an infestation. You will only become aware of their presence if you see one crawling across your floors, walls, or counters. But there are places within your home that are more attractive to earwigs than others, so focusing on these locations is critical to identifying an infestation. Schopen Pest Solutions has a keen eye for these environments, so enlist our help as soon as you see an earwig in your house. There may be more hiding under rugs, in potted plants, inside bunched-up clothing and within stacks of papers. Upon finding earwigs in your home, we will quickly devise a treatment plan to get rid of them.
Our Team Can Get Rid of Earwigs in Your Home
Schopen Pest Solutions has spent years getting rid of earwigs and other pests for homeowners in Northern Illinois and Southeastern Wisconsin. Every infestation is different, so we must visit your house to gain a firm understanding of the scope of your issue before customizing a treatment strategy. We use state-of-the-art equipment and various products, including green pesticides to ensure long-lasting results. Additionally, we will help you understand what may have attracted earwigs to your home so that you can prevent future infestations.
Ways to Prevent Earwig Infestations
While our premier pest removal services will eliminate any earwigs in your home, prevention is still the best form of pest control. Our experts will educate you about earwig infestation prevention and suggest strategies to keep them out of your house. These tips include:
- Move logs, decorative stones, and firewood piles away from your foundation
- Create an area surrounding your home that is free of mulch, dead leaves, and organic material
- Trim trees and shrubs that produce damp, shaded areas next to your house
- Ensure gutters and downspouts are free of debris and drain away from your foundation
- Adjust outdoor lights to shine from the yard onto the house or use yellow bulbs
- Seal cracks in your basement, foundation, and crawlspaces
- Make sure your screens and doors are tight-fitting
Comprehensive Pest Services
We have perfected our pest control programs over the years to ensure our customers receive reliable, long-lasting results. When you call our team, we will propose pest services that feature one or more of the following:
- Initial Service – For your initial service, we will complete a thorough inspection of your home and property before tailoring a treatment plan that meets all your needs.
- Follow-Up Service – Roughly one month after your initial service, we will return to your house and apply an additional treatment.
- Quarterly Service – We will come to your house once per quarter to apply treatments and pesticides that keep your home pest-free throughout the year.
- Power Spray Program – We use an innovative Broad Application sprayer to apply treatment around your home’s perimeter as part of our Power Spray Program (PSP). This is a fantastic treatment for earwigs in particular.
Contact Schopen Pest Solutions Today
When you are relaxing in the comfort of your home, you want peace of mind knowing the only inhabitants are your family members and your pets. Insects and critters do not belong inside your house, and Schopen Pest Solutions will make sure they are absent. We have been safeguarding homes against earwig infestations for years, and we want to do the same for your house. Contact us today for a free quote.