Stinging insects, such as bees and wasps, are more than just a nuisance—their stings can cause intense pain and discomfort, as well as severe allergic reactions in some individuals. Thus, effective pest control is essential to keep your property clear of stinging insects that could affect your comfort or threaten your health. At Schopen Pest Solutions, Inc., our pest control technicians offer carpenter bee eradication and wasp nest removal near Crystal Lake as part of our effective integrated pest management solutions.
The Importance of Professional Bee and Wasp Removal
When you discover a bee hive or wasp’s nest in or around your home, your first instinct is likely to remove it. However, it’s essential to call in a professional exterminator to handle this problem, as bee and wasp removal can be difficult and even hazardous for non-professionals to attempt.
- Although most species of bees and wasps are not particularly aggressive, some species are extremely hostile. Only a professional pest control expert can identify the species of stinging insects on your property so safe and effective removal measures can be taken.
- Even if the insects on your property are not aggressive, all stinging insects will become agitated and angry when you threaten their nest. Homeowners simply do not have the knowledge or protective gear necessary to handle a nest of angry pests.
- Bees and wasps can build nests inside the hollow areas of your home. Extermination of these nests requires care and expertise to ensure the entire colony has been eliminated without causing damage to your property.
Common Places to Find Bee Hives and Wasp Nests
Bees and wasps are very resourceful and can find many areas on even the cleanest property in which to create a nest. Keeping an eye on the most likely areas to host a nest can help you spot signs of a bee or wasp problem in between pest control visits. Taking steps to eliminate cavities or burrows where these insects might settle will reduce the chances of a nest on your property.
- Many wasps prefer quiet, out-of-the-way areas to build their nests. These sites include old rodent burrows, trees, shrubs, and other landscaping foliage, beneath eaves or inside attic spaces, and support beams in garages and sheds.
- Bees may create hives in large hollows inside trees, as well as damaged walls or siding, little-used chimneys, and abandoned rodent burrows.
Schopen Pest Solutions’ pest control programs include initial and follow-up service, as well as quarterly maintenance to keep your property free of ants, bees, wasps, rodents, and other pests. Please contact us today at (847) 529-2847 for the answers to your questions about professional pest control near Crystal Lake.