Spider Infestation in Crystal Lake, IL
Expert Spider Removal
Finding a spider nest in your home or yard is a particularly unpleasant experience. If you are concerned about spiders in your home or on your property, our spider exterminators at Schopen Pest Solutions, Inc. have the right pest control solution for you, including prevention, inspections, and treatment for spiders and other common insects. Our bug exterminators will work with you to ensure you enjoy a pest-free property through our comprehensive insect, rodent, and spider removal services and solutions. Our bug extermination services include spider nest removal and bug control.
Hazardous Spiders of the Midwest
There are over one million species of spiders and insects in the world, and more than 3,000 species of spiders living in the United States alone. Illinois and Wisconsin are home to numerous species of spiders as well, including four species with painful or even venomous bites.
- Cellar spiders have thin, flimsy legs and live in basements. They build numerous webs.
- Black widows are found throughout the Midwest; they are also the most venomous spider in North America. Bites can cause severe pain and cramping, and may result in health complications without medical treatment.
- Brown recluse spiders also have painful bites that can cause complications, such as necrotic rot. Bites typically only occur when these spiders are surprised or disturbed.
- Wolf spiders are recognizable primarily by their large size. A bite from a wolf spider can cause significant pain and typically requires medical care.
Reducing Your Property ’ s Appeal for Spiders
There are several steps you can take to make your property less appealing to spiders so you can avoid the hassle of bug removal. If you have questions or concerns about insects, rodents or spider infestation in Crystal Lake, you can reach a professional exterminator at Schopen Pest Solutions, Inc. by calling (847) 529-2847 and schedule an inspection or discuss pest & spider removal options.
- Although spider infestations are not necessarily a sign that your home is not clean, regularly sweeping and vacuuming the corners of each room and along your window and door frames will remove any established webs and cause enough of a disturbance that spiders will find these places unappealing.
- Keep your yard, landscaping, and trees neat and trimmed; if possible, ensure that branches do not overhang your roof and trim bushes back so they do not come into contact with your home.
- Take steps to control other types of insect pests, such as ants and flies. These insects can provide a ready food source for spiders; without food, a spider will not find your property as appealing.
- Scheduling regular professional pest control services to check for spiders. Crystal Lake spider removal treatments will provide an added layer of protection for your property.